Do you know how important your home’s electrical panel is? If you answered “very important,” you’re correct. In fact, your electrical panel is responsible for regulating all of the electricity you use in your household. Without a fully functional, up-to-date electrical panel, your home will not be able to use electrical power safely. That’s why, if you discover that your electrical panel isn’t keeping up with the demands of your home, you need to have it upgraded.
That’s where iDesign Electrical comes in! Our seasoned electricians can inspect your current electrical panel and determine whether the time has come for an upgrade. If necessary, our team will install a brand-new panel that is up to code and that will provide you with safe, dependable service for years to come. We can also check your electrical writing to ensure that it’s safe and up to date. If you’re a Tucson homeowner who’s looking for a reliable electrical panel inspector, get in touch with us today!
Why You Might Need a Panel Upgrade?
Only a professional inspection can determine whether your electrical panel is in need of an upgrade. However, there are a number of factors that can contribute to the likelihood that your panel needs to be replaced. The age of your home matters—the older your home is, the more difficult it will be for it to keep up with the likely demands of your electricity usage. If any of the following things are true, then it may be time to reach out to an electrician in your area for an inspection:
- If you have just moved into a new—but not newly built—home.
- If your electrical panel was installed in your home before 1990.
- If your electrical panel was manufactured by Federal Pacific Electric, Zinsco, Edison, or Pushmatic.
- If you’re renovating your home and require more electrical capacity.
- If you can’t remember the last time you had your electrical panel professionally inspected.
Symptoms of an Outdated or Failing Electrical Panel
Even if none of the above things are true, you might notice some potential symptoms of a bad electrical panel that require an inspection. If you notice any signs of trouble, it’s important to contact an electrician right away. Having a failing panel could easily lead to an electrical fire. These are some warning signs to watch out for:
- Flickering lights in your home
- Circuit breakers that repeatedly trip
- Appliances that are not running at full capacity
- Crackling sounds coming from your breaker box
- Signs of rust and corrosion on your breaker box
Contact iDesign Electrical
If you’re in need of a panel upgrade, it’s time to call iDesign Electrical. Our team of electricians offers first-class electrical services to residential customers in the greater Tucson area, including replacing and upgrading electrical panels. In order to ensure that all of your electrical features continue to operate safely, it’s important to rely on an experienced electrician for all of your home repairs and upgrades. Give us a call today for more information about the services we provide.